The Deans Advisory Committee (DAC) provides an administrative forum for bringing together discussions of key academic program planning and development issues.
Areas of focus include:
- Utilizing the campus Academic Plan to guide campus planning and consider the balance of campus resource commitments based upon articulated campus values, directions, objectives and priorities.
- Review and study the existing instruction and research programs at UC Santa Cruz within the context of the divisional and campus Academic Plan.
- Proactively consider new academic initiatives and programs, including desirable scale, scope, organization and inter-articulation.
- Provide an academic perspective on initiatives forwarded as part of the budget process. Identify from an academic perspective those issues, risks, and opportunities associated with campus planning initiatives or proposed policies.
- Campus Provost/EVC, chair
- Dean, Arts
- Dean, Engineering
- Dean, Humanities
- Dean, Physical & Biological Sciences
- Dean, Social Sciences