CP/EVC Kletzer is responsible for:
- providing administrative leadership for the day-to-day academic and administrative operations of UCSC,
- leading and guiding long-term planning for the campus: including strategic planning and policy development,
- directing the annual budget preparation,
- coordinating academic program development with faculty and the UCSC Academic Senate, and
- overseeing and managing allocation of UCSC resources.
She is the liaison with UCSC’s Academic Senate and the Office of the President of the University of California, and she advises the chancellor on all campus issues.
The UC Academic Senate shares governance with the Board of Regents of the University of California in that it has purview over academic matters, including authorizing, approving, and supervising courses, conditions for admissions, certificates and degrees. Each campus’s Academic Senate is a Division of the UC Academic Senate.
In addition to their governance role in academic matters, on the Santa Cruz campus the Academic Senate makes recommendations, advises on campus administrative decisions, and coordinates academic program development with Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor Kletzer.
Campus Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Lori Kletzer, UC Santa Cruz’s chief academic officer and chief operations officer, is responsible for providing vision and guidance to the senior leadership team as it works to fulfill our campus mission and reach our strategic goals.